Saturday, November 3, 2018

PPF in Europe 2018 - Part Seven: Back to an Old Favorite

16 October 2018
11:37 p.m.
Prague AirBnB - Old Town


I can never get enough of this view 



You know that feeling when you go to a place and you think, 'Wow I wish my family and friends could be here and see this with me?' I finally got to share Prague with some of my closest friends (Pedi doesn't count because he's been to Prague way before I did). Seeing the looks of wonder and amazement on their faces as we walked into the Old Town Square was priceless.

Almost immediately most of them proclaimed it as their top European city, and that was just after the first night. Tomorrow I get to show them Charles Bridge and Prague Castle. I can't wait to hear more of their squeals of joy and excitement.


View of the street from our AirBnB apartment


The monument to Jan Hus at the Old Town Square still gazes over countless tourists 


The astronomical clock and old Tynsky Chram at the Town Square

It's doubly funny because we were all huffing and puffing just a few hours earlier today, when we had to lug our gigantic suitcases on cobblestoned paths from the train station to the AirBnB office and then all the way to the actual apartment. Google Maps said it was a six-minute walk and then it became 10 minutes, but with all the heavy lifting it took us well over 30 minutes.

But the place turned out to be worth it as it's right inside the city center, just a few minutes' walk to the Old Town square.

I'm still feeling a bit giddy inside. I can't believe I'm back here in Prague.


Mark was on the lookout for a genuine marionette which he wanted to take home as a souvenir

I know there's plenty of time for sightseeing, but I had to pause our walk with our luggage to the apartment to take this pic



.Next: The City of a Thousand Spires (and Tourists)

No comments:

Post a Comment