Friday, November 2, 2018

PPF in Europe 2018 - Part Four: There's a First Time for Everything

12 October 2018
11:56 p.m.
Salzburg AirBnB (Sishaus)


Our home in Salzburg was also the birthplace of mathematician and physicist Christian Doppler

I ended up in a police station in Slovenia today. I wish I could say it was a funny story (then again, what funny story begins in a police station?). You have this idea in your head about how things are going to go when you're traveling so when things veer off course and head towards the unpleasant, it's like a punch to the gut.

I was in Bled this time last year and was really looking forward to taking my friends around and showing them the sights, but after the incident, we skipped the hike up the castle and had to drive back to Salzburg. My memories of the town will forever be tainted. It's quite sad really, but I take comfort in the cliche: things could have been a lot worse.

Bled was exactly how I remembered it

I wish things would have turned out better for us there

On the upside, I got to drive my friends to Bled and back to Salzburg and that was a thrill. Exhausting, but definitely an experience I won't soon forget.


The drive to Bled was tiring but fun

The day had its highlights but I should also mention that my first time in Salzburg was not a disappointment. The city has its charms that gradually unravels the longer you stay here. It's just too bad that we're leaving tomorrow. Salzburg is one of those places that deserves repeat visits, for sure.



A statue in the Mirabell Gardens in Salzburg

Toni chats with our AirBnb hostess Jasmin, who took Willy with us for a leisurely walk around town. In the background is Hohensalzburg Fortress

This was supposedly one of the locations for The Sound of Music

Evan, our guide, chats with Mark in front of St. Peter, a restaurant that has been in existence since 803 AD

Here we all are with our super cool American guide Evan


Next: Coffe and Apfel Strudel in a Beautiful City

No comments:

Post a Comment